- Commencing from $123,847, plus 15% superannuation
- Unique opportunity to shape the management of Icon Water's emergency management function
- Develop relationships and provide essential expert advice to key stakeholders across a wide range of business activities, both internally and externally
- Provide essential emergency management training, support and guidance to maintain our skills and meet our obligations
- Retain your PSS super
About the opportunity
Within Icon Water, the Risk and Emergency Management Branch provides expert internal advice, facilitation, training and assistance on risk management; emergency and business continuity management; incident management, fraud control and protective security. The Branch is an essential internal service provider, helping our business make the best choices.
This opportunity will enable you to apply your extensive experience to shape and manage our emergency management function, integrate with business continuity and other team roles and provide advice, both internally and externally to various forums.
Using your well-developed skills, you will:
- Maintain and improve our emergency management framework, incident response plans and processes
- Provide timely and professional response to business on a wide range of emergency management issues
- Offer your expertise on incident and emergency management to our staff
- lead all emergency management exercises and training programs
- Interpret legislation and guidelines to develop reports and initiatives and meet obligations
- Build and continuously improve positive relationships both internal and external to the business
Why work with us?
Icon Water is responsible for owning and operating Canberra’s network of water and wastewater infrastructure to ensure the delivery of safe drinking water and reliable sewerage services. We are a people-focused organisation, acknowledging that our people are our greatest asset.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
We are a Healthier Work recognized business with the ACT Government, and are leading the way as a workplace with a commitment to staff health and wellbeing. The Careers tab on the Icon Water website will show you other great employee benefits, along with hearing from team members about why it’s great to work here.
We are looking for:
- A qualification and/or equivalent experience in emergency management
- Strong knowledge of ACT/NSW emergency management legislative requirements
- Knowledge and application of the Australasian Inter-Service Incident Management System (AIIMS)
- Proven experience in maintaining an emergency management framework operationally, and developing emergency management plans and test scenarios
- The ability to think strategically and analytically to problem-solve
- Excellent written and communication skills
How can I apply?
If this role interests you, then we would love for you to log on to our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we urge you to contact Adam Smith on (02) 6180 6161.
Note: Previous applicants need not apply.
Closing date: 3 August 2020.