About the role
Our Impact Assessment and Approvals team are looking for a collaborative and detail oriented Senior Environmental Scientist to join the team.
You will seek and obtain environment and planning approvals for project activities. You will have ownership of providing technical expertise in a range of environmental activities and complex issues. You will build and nurture positive relationships with internal and external partners to deliver better future outcomes for Icon Water.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
About the role:
• Seek and obtain environment and planning approvals for infrastructure projects.
• Provide advice on the environmental impacts and sustainability of activities to inform decision making.
• Manage complex environmental issues and develop strategies to minimise environmental compliance risk across the organisation.
• Undertake and provide peer review and mentor team members in environmental impact assessments, inspections, stakeholder management, asset management plans, approvals, and project and maintenance activities.
• Develop and deliver environmental management plans, procedures and training for activities in liaision with stakeholders to meet compliance requirements and to provide continual improvement.
• Represent Icon Water at meetings and forums with external stakeholders, including government, community groups, private landholders, auditors and consultants, regarding environmental management.
• Review scientific and technical reports and develop briefs and submissions for management and stakeholders.
• Tertiary qualifications in environmental management, science, Town Planning or a relevant discipline is mandatory.
• Specific knowledge of conservation, ecological management, environmental impact assessment, heritage, contamination, town and environmental planning and environmental legislation.
• Extensive experience in researching, developing and implementing environment and planning advice.
• Significant experience in working with government policy makers and regulators to achieve environmental compliance.
• Experience in planning and managing projects, contracts and resources.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your cover letter and resume outlining the experience and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Sunday 27 June 2021.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity we encourage you to contact Mechelle Swanepoel, Team Leader Impact Assessment and Approvals on 0477 361 452.