Icon Water are looking for a motivated and safety conscious, Health and Safety Business Partner to join their team. You will partner with the business, particularly line management, to provide advice, guidance, coaching and support regarding safety issues and improvement initiatives.
You will work as part of a collaborative, people focused team who are all about providing support and assistance to the business to ensure our business is a safe place for everyone.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We support applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a solid focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
About the role:
• Challenge and provide coaching and direction to managers and team leaders in Infrastructure Services regarding safety issues, improvements and work practices.
• Have a strong field presence to understand processes and consult with field workers.
• Lead the development of innovative solutions to complex and entrenched health and safety problems in your area of accountability including topics such as fatigue management, confined spaces, incident investigations, mobile plant etc.
• Persuade and motivate personnel to change and adopt particular work practices and work through conflicting priorities.
• Provide policy advice and legislative interpretation regarding health and safety issues.
• Develop reports to inform the Executive and Board on the status of aspects of the Work Health and Safety Strategy.
• Lead the development and implementation of an organisation-wide occupational hygiene program, including the management of internal and external resources to deliver the program.
• Lead the development, review and implementation of effective procedures, work instructions and enablers; and an operational risk management framework.
• Monitor and review all allocated safety near misses and incidents and take appropriate action as required.
• Analyse incident and hazard data and develop and implement plans that more effectively manage hazards and risks identified.
• Develop and implement communications, lessons learnt and safety alerts.
• Tertiary qualifications in Work Health and Safety Sciences or a related discipline.
• Certificate IV in workplace training and assessment is desirable.
• Extensive knowledge of contemporary work health and safety practice and processes.
• Knowledge of work health and safety legislation and supporting regulatory framework.
• Extensive experience in a work health and safety management within an industrial, manufacturing, or construction environment.
• Experience in influencing an operations leadership team within an industrial, manufacturing, or construction environment.
• Experience in leading and influencing teams.
To apply, log onto our recruitment portal and submit your resume and a brief cover letter outlining the skills, experience and capabilities you can bring to the role.
Applications close Sunday 27 June 2021.
To learn more about this exciting opportunity we encourage you to contact Brian Selmes, Manager Health and Safety on 0427 062 109.