- Ongoing Full-Time position
- Level 5 Zone A $152,019 plus 15% superannuation
Icon Water requires a highly collaborative, analytically minded individual with a passion for problem solving to join our Major Plants Branch as a Plant Engineer.
Using your strong technical engineering and analytical skills, you will be driving Asset Management improvements across Icon Water’s major Sewage Treatment Plant and Water Treatment Plants.
As a Plant Engineer, you will:
- Develop culture, business processes and systems to eliminate unplanned failures across Icon Water through problem solving.
- Support Planning and Delivery Teams to undertake minor asset upgrades or engineering improvements.
- Implement Asset Management Improvement initiatives such as defect elimination, root cause analysis (RCA) and Reliability Engineering.
- Develop competencies in Enterprise Asset Management Systems (EAMS) to deliver maintenance engineering objectives.
- Develop policy and procedures to prompt the decision to complete RCA across Icon Water resulting in reduced unplanned asset failure.
- Manage a portfolio of “Problems” by engaging external panel resources as well as solving problems to root cause and implementing actions themselves.
- Use Project Management Tools (Problems Statement, business case, Project Gantt, milestone review meetings, etc.) to document and manage key deliverables.
- Assist in development of safe work procedures to plan work in Icon Water’s Enterprise Asset Management System including risk assessments, isolation planning, identification and control of workplace hazards, contractor work performance, quality management, use of Personal Protective Equipment and adherence to incident notification procedures.
To understand the full scope of the role, please refer to the position description attached to this job advertisement.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as an Engineering Degree.
- Demonstrated experience in preventative/predictive maintenance strategies, RCM and FEMECA and their development.
- Demonstrated experience of performance and condition assessment of plant and network assets.
- Experience working within water supply and waste water treatment.
- A working knowledge of ISO 55001 requirements.
- Experience in stakeholder engagement and management.
- Demonstrated experience in working collaboratively with others and operating in a commercial environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to improvement and writing management system documentation.
- Knowledge of CMMS and integrity assurance systems.
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing or utility service delivery environment
If you are up for a new challenge and feel as though you have the necessary skills and experience, then we would love to hear from you.
How can I apply?
Please apply via our Recruitment portal and:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a two-page cover letter addressing the ‘our ideal candidate will possess’ section of the job advertisement
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Kimberly Lawson on 0477 762 623
Applications will close on Sunday 29 May 2022
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.