Light Rail Site Supervisor
- Remuneration - $105,680 - $128,849 plus 15% superannuation
- Maximum-term, Full-time until 30 June 2025
- Unique role with excellent benefits
- Help shape a business dedicated to the Canberra community
About the Role
We have an exciting and unique opportunity for a Light Rail Site Supervisor to join Icon Water. Reporting to Icon Water’s Development Projects Coordinator, this role will be embedded within the Transport Canberra’s Light Rail project team and is responsible for the surveillance, inspection and protection of Icon Water network assets likely to be impacted by the construction of the Light Rail Phase 2 Project.
Icon Water is an Equal Opportunity Employer which values diversity and inclusion. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disabilities, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and all ages. We also have a strong focus on gender balance within the organisation and encourage women to apply.
Please note: This role may require out of hours and weekend attendance depending on construction activity.
In this role, you will:
- Manage aspects of planned work scheduling and reporting for designated portions of the water and waste water pipeline network throughout Icon Water’s operations within the Light Rail Project.
- Provide specialised project surveillance work and input in either a functional or advisory capacity.
- Review contractors’ work methods, job safety and environment analysis and inspection.
- Plan site inspections and report to the Development Projects Coordinator and clients.
- Work collaboratively within the Light Rail project team to address issues and risks encountered during construction.
- Ensure that design integrity and designer obligations and liabilities are maintained through endorsed design change control procedures.
- Ensure that all project documentation and asset information is recorded and managed and report on all project records/correspondence, existing asset material, external lining, condition and cover of mains during inspection.
To learn more about the key responsibilities of the role, please refer to the job description attached to this job advertisement.
What do I need to succeed in this role?
- Technical, plumbing or trade qualifications (Minimum Certificate 3 or equivalent) combined with experience in the industrial, manufacturing or utility service delivery environment
- Extensive experience in Civil Engineering construction and knowledge of water and sewerage asset operations, maintenance and construction.
- Experience in reading maps and understanding and interpreting technical drawings and documents relating to water and sewerage networks.
- Knowledge and commitment to relevant work place health and safety legislation, regulations, obligations and requirements.
- Confined Space, General Construction Induction (White Card) and Asbestos Awareness Training
- Knowledge of Water Services Association Australia (WSAA) Standards.
- Knowledge and understanding of Icon’s water supply and sewerage standards.
- Sound knowledge of ACT Public Works “Basic Specifications”.
- Experience in using location systems and equipment, methods and techniques, used in the water and sewerage industry.
If yes, log on to our recruitment portal and:
- Submit your resume
- Submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the essential and/or desirable knowledge, skills and experience required for the role.
To chat about the role, please contact Arun Gautam on 0423 688 622
For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10 July 2022